Friday, September 10, 2004

HERE WE GO AGAIN

With this wee post, I am going to attempt to slide unobtrusively back into the comics blogosphere with no fanfare, no mission statement, no muss, and no fuss; however, I though I should at least remind everyone that this is not my first blogging experience, and thus explain why my name may ring a bell with the 2 or 3 people who ever read any posts in my previous ventures.

About a year-and-a-third ago, I became one of the collective bloggers for Fourcolorhell. I managed somewhat regular fairly long posts, and was involved in some good cross talk. Lack of synchronization of the blog (which was kind of up and down) and my schedule (both vacation timing and my involvement in establishing a lab at a new hospital) took its toll on my posting record, though, and the collective blog eventually folded from atrophy. I was sure that I would return to the fold, but I just didn’t have the time to figure out (from a technical standpoint) how to start my own blog.

Well I did, and here I am. I will try to post as regularly as I can, and I believe the fact that this is a semi-comics blog will make this easier to accomplish. This means I can talk about other topics and personal stuff, which I never felt comfortable doing on Fourcolorhell. As the name of the blog indicates, TV will be another main topic, but so will books, cultural stuff, and anything that comes to mind - but I'll try to keep the comics #1 (damn, I said no mission statement). TV will likely figure big in the beginning, as the new (and likely shitty) season is just starting now.

This is the best of times and the worst of times to come back, it seems. The number of bloggers has hit a critical mass; however, we have also just lost two of comic’s best (John Jakala and Sean Collins)who functioned, in the absence of Journalista! as the defacto tastemakers of the blogosphere. At least ADD's back.

So here we go. I will post soon concerning my thoughts on the most recent (the one with the Thoth cover) Comics Journal, which was eagerly anticipated, but which I don’t think anyone’s taken a hard look at (although some TV thing will probably eek in first). Wish me luck.

3 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Blogger Hate Filled Poster said...

Welcome back. I'm enjoying the new blog.

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Bill said...

Put me down as another welcomer: I enjoyed your Four Color Hell pieces - and am looking forward to reading the new stuff on a more long-standing blog. . .

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Todd C. Murry said...

Thanks for the welcome, guys, and keep up the good work yourselves!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home